الأربعاء، 20 أبريل 2011


?What are quantifiers
Quantifiers are words that are used to state quantity or amount of something without .stating the actually number
Quantifiers answer the questions "How many?" and "How much?"
Quantifiers can be used with plural countable nouns and uncountable nouns.
Quantifiers must agree with the noun. There are 3 main types of quantifiers. Quantifiers that are used with countable nouns, quantifiers that are used with uncountable nouns. and the 3rd type are quantifiers 
that are used with either countable nouns or uncountable nouns.




Countable Nouns
Uncountable Nouns
-
much
x
I don't have much money.
many
x
-
I don't have many apples.
few*
x
-
We know few people in the area. I would like to get to know more.
a few**
x
-
We know a few people in the area. I know enough people to keep me happy.
little*
-
x
I know little English. I am going to have a problem getting around England.
a little**
-
x
I know a little English, at least enough to get England.
enough
x
x
I have enough money.
plenty
x
x
I have plenty of money.



 a few/a little - means that there are not a lot of something, but there 
.enough

: Example
  • .There are a few apples. There are enough apples
  • .I know a little English. He know enough English to manage


.few/little - means that is not enough of something

:Example

  • .There are few apples. There are not enough apples
  • There are few people. There are not enough people at the meeting. We .can't hold a meeting, because there are not enough people

هناك تعليق واحد:

The General Questions for the Final Oral Exam

Why are you learning English ? What makes you angry ? How long have you been studying English ? What makes you feel happy? What are th...